[FRIAM] Win/Mac lookalikes for charity

Ron Newman ron.newman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 14:31:59 EDT 2019

I think I know the answer already, but I'll ask anyway.  The local Computer
Charity, which restores up computers and sells them cheap for those who
can't afford them otherwise, is looking for a Linux desktop that looks
enough like the Windows or Mac GUI that less tech savvy buyers will see
something that looks and operates in a familiar way.  This will allow them
to use a ton of Macs that are otherwise junk.  Of course, the usual Gnome
or KDE Linux desktops won't work.  Probably impossible to copy closely Win
or Mac due to patent issues, but thought I'd ask just in case.

Ron Newman, M.S., M.M.E.
Founder, IdeaTreeLive.com <http://www.Ideatreelive.com> Knowledge Modeling
www.RonPiano.com
Blog <https://blog.ideatreelive.com>