[FRIAM] Win/Mac lookalikes for charity

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 14:40:04 EDT 2019

I've been middle-manning the acquisition of a lot of Linux Mint machines, lately, for grad students who mostly use Windows or Mac.  When I used to send them Debian-only machines, I'd get a lot of questions about mundane stuff like wifi or whatever. Now that I'm sending Mint machines, we jump straight to questions of how to install R or the latest Java.

So, I'd say Mint is a decent option.

--
☣ uǝlƃ