[FRIAM] is this true?

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 13 11:30:23 EDT 2019

Limping Lizards, Eric!

Still in transit so won’t write long.  I think my point was more dumb EVEN than if you break my leg and I limp the behavior (limp) did not arise  from my brain.  I only mean to say that that all behavior is mediated through the brain.  So when people say that some behavior was caused by circumstances and other behavior is caused by drugs, or locutions like that, they are not sorting into brain and non-brain.  The sort is of another type.  And I am hoping that (1) people will stop talking about non=brain-mediated behaviors and (2) tell me, because I really don’t know, what the implied dualism actually refers to.  All therapy, all drugs, all behavior-change operations are mediated through the brain, almost by definition, no?

Gotta go!

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/