[FRIAM] More on levels of sequence organization

glen∈ℂ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri May 3 11:09:59 EDT 2019

I remember skimming that paper before. The interesting question is the strictness (or "looseness") of the hierarchy. Figure 2 implies (eg "Verify") the ability to hop over entire levels. So the question boils down to whether or not it's really a hierarchy or something else, something like the subset of a power set of the primitives. I'm loosely analogizing with Koza's automatically defined functions (ADFs) where the operators can work over both the primitives and the "macros".