[FRIAM] words RE: words

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Tue May 7 12:16:16 EDT 2019

Oh, Glen,

That "scout" was talking to the who-o-o-le list.

Answering a question with a question is the old psychologist's trick, a fair tactic when you think the respondent, like the slave boy, already contains the answer within him.  But this slave-boy, this scout, whatever, don't know nuthin'.  All he knows is that he didn't expect THAT!  Not THEN!

I wish Lee would answer.  I took his point to be that you-guys (and you ==>are<== all guys) are so immersed in emergence (emerged in immersance?) that you have lost sight of it.

Wolfram wrote the book on emergence, but he did not translate it for the defrocked English major.

Glen, your manners are impeccable.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson