[FRIAM] Narrative bending

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri May 10 13:53:57 EDT 2019

Glen writes:

"The point is to bend or break the (false) narratives those diachronic people tell themselves and make them pay closer attention to the facts staring them in the face. And AA does that for some people."

A false narrative and the absence of continuity (episodic) seem pretty similar.  But the scenario I'm pitching is the superego without a narrative.   The superego may impose corrective actions while tolerating semi-random restarts.   (Restarts with or without pharmaceutical causes.)   The diachronic person wants to believe that their life has unfolded with them driving.  To me that seems pretty similar to narcissism.

Marcus