[FRIAM] "I have no idea what's going on." -- Towelie

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed May 22 19:01:52 EDT 2019

OK. Well, I thought I could've digested the two papers by this time. But I've failed and will probably give up for now. It's still entirely unclear to me how the 3 level system's dark states facilitate the finer-than-diffraction-limited resolution. So, I can't place the OR gate example into the context of the laser lattice and my 1st basic question about energy state transitions via different energy photons.

I believe I grok your point about any given "degenerate" state being "computed over" as if it is or could be real[ized], just so that the solutions are meaningful. But in the context of microscopy, distinguishing things below the resolution allowed by the drive beam, I remain completely lost.

Hopefully, I'll try again soon ... maybe on an airplane flight when I have nothing to distract me. 8^)

--
☣ uǝlƃ