[FRIAM] capitalism vs. individualism

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Nov 4 18:40:02 EST 2019

I think the point is that organizations can't achieve goals if there is no overlap in meaning of the goals and mechanisms for achieving the goals.   Even if there are a few shared concepts, like money, that's not enough to explain why a transaction would be arranged in the first place -- two agents must have some overlapping reference frame beyond the cost and payment of the service performed.

There are kinds of truth that give near-immediate grounding  like fulfilling a delivery in a shared reference frame, or not, and then others that have less direct impact.    For many people the difficulty of meeting their short-term responsibilities take all of their attention, and so any obstacle to that (real or imagined) like carbon dioxide caps, is easier to throw into the Facts I will Deny category.   Increasing the space of deniable information makes it easier to anonymously externalize costs on others, and on a less obvious horizon, and decreases the cognitive loan on them for attention and reasoning.