[FRIAM] The Weil Conjectures

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 6 15:27:31 EST 2019

Hi, Frank,

Last Thursday, in order to stir up a conversation amongst the mathematicians
and the humanists, I forwarded the attached to the FRIAM list.  It is a book
about the intellectual/emotional relationship between the two siblings, the
mathematician Andre Weil, and his sister Simone.  When I got home, I
realized that absolutely nobody had mentioned it.  Now, the experience of
being ignored is not ENTIRELY unfamiliar to me, but I did begin to wonder if
the message had never gone out on the list.   So, if you don't get this from
the list, but only directly, could you forward it on to the list?  You might
want to edit a bit, first, to take out some of the nesting.

Oh, and . don't forget to read it yourself.  You were one of the people I
had in mind when I wrote it.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/>