[FRIAM] capitalism vs. individualism

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Nov 11 13:40:26 EST 2019

Dave writes:

<  I find myself becoming increasingly petulant and angry, in all sorts of areas, not just politics, with people who are so absolutely certain that their interpretation of a complex data set is the ONE AND ONLY TRUTH. I believe, not know — not even think, but believe that such people are dangerous — to the body politic and to individuals. It matters not if the TRUTH originates from the "left" or "right" — "Science" or "God" the conviction of TRUTH leads, almost inexorably, to violence and/or tyranny. >

Stopping behaviors that are counterproductive is different from promulgating a prescriptive ideology.   The point is to open up space for what might work, and that which has yet to be falsified.  The Trumpism behaviors are not drawn from a complex data set.

Marcus