[FRIAM] Chaos Scientist Finds Hidden Financial Risks That Regulators Miss Oxford Professor Doyne Farmer is working with central banks to improve stress testing.

Barry MacKichan barry.mackichan at mackichan.com
Wed Nov 13 10:44:50 EST 2019

Thanks for the link.

This is totally off-topic, but in the chaos of Facebook and Twitter, I
believe a small note of appreciation for technology is in order.

In the linked article, there is a picture of Farmer lying on a couch in
front of his bookshelf. The resolution of web graphics is now high
enough that I could indulge in one of my favorite hobbies. I copied the
picture, pasted it into a graphics program and enlarged and rotated it.
Aaah. Now I can browse through the titles on his shelves.

--Barry