[FRIAM] capitalism vs. individualism

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 18:32:14 EST 2019

Circling back to things I missed.  This has always irritated me. What, pragmatically, is the difference between property and "the means of production"? Sure, I know there's a body of mental gymnastics surrounding the difference. But it strikes me as an arbitrary distinction. Any privately owned *thing* can be included in the means of production. It's a difference of degree, not kind. Owning 1 screw driver gives you a little production potential. Owning a million of them gives you lots of production potential (though, admittedly, the scaling isn't linear).

So, what pragmatic reason is there to make the distinction you make here?

--
☣ uǝlƃ