[FRIAM] Chaos Scientist Finds Hidden Financial Risks That Regulators Miss Oxford Professor Doyne Farmer is working with central banks to improve stress testing.

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Nov 14 20:56:21 EST 2019

On 11/14/19 6:10 PM, Marcus Daniels wrote:

> Generative machine learning seems a heck of a lot easier than ABMs for
> stress testing.

    Agent-based models, used in fields from biology to sociology, are
    bottom-up, simulating the messy interactions of hundreds and even
    millions of agents—human cells or attitudes or financial firms—to
    explain the behavior of a complex system.

I think the point of Agent Models is to yield *explanatory* not just
*predictive results?