[FRIAM] While trying a simulator called Kergal Space Program got to wondering: why not something pod shaped or like a airplain?

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 16:40:41 EST 2019

While trying a simulator called Kergal Space Program got to wondering: why
not something pod shaped or like a airplain? There's a (strangely) fun
simulator I've been messing around with called KBS Kerbal Space Program.
It tries to be (somewhat) accurate. for getting things into space. You can
simulate with in it how well (or not) a design would do.
Basically one of mine a medium sized ball got into space without to much
heat friction. If the sim is right that somehow kept everything inside much
cooler than cones (no idea about disks).
And there's also videos people have posted using airplane style designs.
I'm now where neer that far into it!
Anyone know why airplane type designs aren't used yet?  super-sonic scrap
jets (from what I knoow) are already in the upper stratosphere anyway. Is
it that much more of a engineering feet to make the whole thing air tight
and pressurized to go all the way into space? Just wondering.