[FRIAM] Collapse of the Information Ecosystem/Noosphere

Tom Johnson tom at jtjohnson.com
Tue Nov 19 16:57:16 EST 2019

Media Ecology is a 30-40+ year old concept/discipline.  High-profile
researchers are

   - Neil Postman:
   https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=neil+postman+media+ecology&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

   - Walter Ong:
   http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.625.5142
   - James Cary:
   http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.625.5142
   - Of course, to a slightly different vector and early to the game,
   Marshall McLuhan:
   https://www.google.com/search?=marshall+mcluhan&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS807US807&oq=marshal+mc&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.5518j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
   <https://www.google.com/search?q=marshall+mcluhan&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS807US807&oq=marshal+mc&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.5518j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8>

Tom
Tom Johnson - tom at jtjohnson.com
Institute for Analytic Journalism   --     Santa Fe, NM USA
505.577.6482(c)                                    505.473.9646(h)
*NM Foundation for Open Government* <http://nmfog.org>
*Check out It's The People's Data
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Its-The-Peoples-Data/1599854626919671>*