[FRIAM] flattening -isms

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 12:51:00 EST 2019

Well, even here, we see the admission: "This pessimistic view, however, is not shared by everybody in the field and further re-search needed to clarify this issue."

Of course, at some resolution, it's irrelevant whether the DMT was ingested, say by eating some rat meat 8^), or produced from tryptamine. It's found inside and excreted by humans who aren't tripping or exhibiting schizophrenia. So, whether it's Truly endogenous or not becomes a bit academic. The real question is whether or not its presence *increases* near death, in meditation, under stress like heart attacks, or whatever. If it does, then wherever it comes from, it plays some significant role in how we manage those situations.

I've recently been trying out the "Wim Hof Method" ... a kinda pretentious way to hyperventilate. The distribution of the tingling over different parts of my body is pretty damned cool, to be honest. It reminds me of the "contrast" they inject before a CT scan.  But the hyperventilating tingle seems to concentrate in large muscles like my lats, back, and legs, unlike the contrast, which simply flows from the neck down. I'm told there's a tolerance and the tingling fades the more you do it. That would suck ... much like it sucks that heavy drinkers have to drink *more* to get a buzz. 8^)

--
☣ uǝlƃ