[FRIAM] query and observation

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 13 15:48:13 EDT 2019

No, Dave.  Truth IN experience only means that as a matter of fact some experiences converge.  So truth is that upon which a pattern of experiences converges and when I assert that something is true, I predict such a convergence.  If, for instance, I assert that the speed of light is constant in a vacuum I assert that that is the opinion upon which we will converge in the very long run.  I make no assertion about anything outside experience.  Not a dualist.*  Nyaah.  Nyahh.

You’re the dualist. Dualist! Dualist! Dualist!

You might be a zeroist.  “Nothing IS!”  A zeroist would assert that not only are there no enduring patterns in experience, there is no experience.  OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHM.

Nick

*I suppose you might claim that I am a levels of analysis dualist, I.e there are (1) experiences and (2) patterns of experience.  But if that is how you want to take me, then you must think of me as pluralist, because all experiences are just patterns of experiences of patterns of experiences of patterns of experiences ….. etc….. of patterns of experiences.  Experiences are like fleas, per Jonathan Swift via Augustus deMorgan  via http://wiki.c2.com/?FleasAdInfinitum.

Great fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em,

  And little fleas have lesser fleas, and so ad infinitum.

  And the great fleas themselves, in turn, have greater fleas to go on;

  While these again have greater still, and greater still, and so on.

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/