[FRIAM] All models are wrong - modeling Covid-19

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 14:52:58 EDT 2020

Well, my guess is that Feynman would admit that everything has context, including both an original utterance and subsequent repetitions of all or part of that utterance. [†] And it's also important to note that ALL pithy aphorisms are abominations because they all deny the context. We see this most clearly in "pseudo-profound bullshit": http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

And, as Marcus points out with "complexity club", we see it right here in this forum. So, when we read something like that, it's more important to try to understand, e.g., what _Steve_ meant in his use of the aphorism, rather than asserting that he's a member of a cult ... which he probably is, but since I'm a member of the Church of Set, the Satanic Temple, a Discordian Episkopos, and a member/owner of a brewing cooperative, his cult membership is not the point.

[†] One of the lessons of postmodernism is that one can read a text without reading *through* the text. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

--
☣ uǝlƃ