[FRIAM] Local News not so good

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:32:04 EDT 2020

The only suggestion I could make with a straight face might be poverty and/or wealth distribution. You guys have a higher poverty rate and more of a divide between you rich people with multiple homes and the rest of the population. I'm tempted to include some sort of cultural difference, too. You have a lot of Christians. And while we might have a lot of Protestants (I don't really know because I just moved here), my guess is they're less inclined to big families and social gatherings than the Catholics. But I might be approaching a little racism with those comments. So, I should just shut up, now. 8^)

As for a lockdown bounce, I kindasortaifisquint see an inflection point in the Denver data [†]. And although I stopped looking at LA, I thought I saw one there, too. But to add to the Santa Clara (and Iceland) data showing a much higher infection rate than as indicated by confirmed case data, the news from New York today validates that trend: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html And if that's the situation, then imputing mechanisms to the data we're seeing will be much more difficult.

And the plots are pretty much the standard ones you get from R. So, all credit goes there. But thanks, anyway.

[†] My sister lives there.

--
☣ uǝlƃ