[FRIAM] narcissism

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Apr 28 21:31:23 EDT 2020

Analysis paralysis:  Execute plans against these individuals.

From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> on behalf of Frank Wimberly <wimberly3 at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 6:27 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] narcissism

If he weren't narcissistic he would defer to the experts which would mitigate his incompetence.  The BS about being sarcastic is a pathetic way to rationalize his failure to defer.

Since narcissism is universal adding "malignant" or "pathological" makes a useful distinction.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 7:13 PM uǝlƃ ☣ <gepropella at gmail.com<mailto:gepropella at gmail.com>> wrote:
OK. Well, risking too much repetition, if he were competent, he wouldn't have said that ... and the policies would not have followed ... and he would defer to the experts. Because, as Dunning-Kruger and Zajenkowski et al, and Schröder-Abé et al, seem to point out, competent people have a good handle on their own incompetence, regardless of their narcissism.

--
☣ uǝlƃ

FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam<http://bit.ly/virtualfriam>