[FRIAM] Please change the damned thread

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Dec 8 18:22:32 EST 2020

I suppose it is unsurprising that people are intrigued by celebrities like Trump as leaders.  A projection of the complex needs of a large population to something much easier to process.    Like Hedges rhetoric simplifies a set of tradeoffs (e.g. Kerry's efforts toward energy independence versus their environmental consequences).    It seems that's what many people want from social networking platforms, is to maintain local or interpersonal type dynamics.   Accusation is perhaps the wrong word -- nucleating bad faith for the sake of a pitch, is more my objection.   Preventing that nucleation pretty much requires confrontation.   Of course, many will turn back to the consensus of their tribes, finding it unpleasant to have everything they say stripped down to the bone.