[FRIAM] where are the "patriot hackers"?

Merle Lefkoff merlelefkoff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 14:15:27 EST 2020

"True" things about the world beyond the reach of science must be included
in the expanding dialogue, like a mountain that is also an earth being, or
forest animals that are spirit masters of their worlds. We can think of
them as other-than-humans, but they "exist" in indigenous cultures.  They
are only "beliefs" in ours,  but for those of us who are "Animists", they
are always present in the dialogue.

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 9:40 AM uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ <gepropella at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, I'm once again down in a rabbit hole over whether Dave's (cautiously
> backed by Kim) idea of a "science of the mind" is reasonable, wherein
> subjective/reflective techniques like psychedelic drugs or meditation can
> say "true" things about the world, particularly that may be beyond the
> reach of science. And there I am reading about Falun Gong <
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong> and its "outlets" like The
> Epoch Times, which spew constant nonsense, feeding the delusional QAnon
> narratives:
>

> https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-newest-trump-boosted-viral-maga-star-has-ties-to-the-epoch-times
>
> And I'm wondering, where are the "patriot hackers" and Anonymous?
>
> What happened to all that rigmarole about protecting the world and the
> internet from insidious sh¡t like The Epoch Times? Is it that ostensibly
> white hat members are combating shallow techniques like DDoS so well that
> the script kiddies who used to claim to be Anonymous are outmatched? Maybe
> Assange siding with Trump fractured the group? And what about the Jester <
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jester_(hacktivist)>, who was arguably
> more capable than the large majority of hacktivists? Was he hired by the
> NSA and now works alone in a steel cage? Or has his mind been infected by
> the attractive conspiracy theories and persecution complexes we dorks are
> so susceptible to?
>
> I feel confident that some of you have some insight! Please share.
>
> --
> ↙↙↙ uǝlƃ

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
Center for Emergent Diplomacy