[FRIAM] where are the "patriot hackers"?

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 15:27:02 EST 2020

So, as always, a discussion of composition is necessary. How can one go from "breatharianism" to disinformation-facilitated cults? The bureaucracy of Falun Gong provides the constructive ephemeris for outlets (like The Epoch Times).

Your mention of a co-occurrence of supernatural beliefs with times of hardship sounds a lot like a refocus onto exploration (away from exploitation) in times of ecological stress. The distrust in our institutions like the CDC or FDA could be a result of some serious inadequacy in those institutions. But unless we know what those institutions do *at all*, we can't modify them. We can only destroy them. And if those institutions grow naturally out of some substructure, in us, that remains, new institutions will accrete up that have the same, or similar, inadequacies. So, the *form* our distrust takes is important to whether or not we can build better, less inadequate, institutions.

Steve mentioned punctuated criticality, which is spot on, I think. If we opt to destroy the things we don't like and don't understand, then we lose any knowledge stored in those things. (I have in mind sickle cell anemia and malaria.) But if we can trace their construction, we can find branch structures within their accretion and deconstruct back to those branches (and take an alternate branch). Absent that careful deconstruction, any "distrust" in bureaucracy is just as misplaced as any trust in it. This is true for everything from peer-review to UFO abduction.

I've experimented some with breatharianism and meditation, too. And even though I think it all boils down to hyperventilation and hallucination (no Nick, I don't disagree with you in the large, only in the small), unless I can reconstruct or trace the composition from Falun Gong as an individually scoped practice to a disinformation outlet like The Epoch Times, I wouldn't be able to *justify* deplatforming it entirely. But I suppose it doesn't matter. The right-winger at the pub who literally responded with "So what?" when I told him our hospitals are overflowing, our medica staff exhausted, and refrigerated trailers are ready to hold the dead bodies, most people don't give a sh¡t about historical accretion or composition. They'll simply assert their value judgements and fumble along according to their hallucinations.

And if that's really the case, then Falun Gong (and animism, BTW) should be eradicated as the total bullsh¡t it is. As for the Chinese government, the enemy of my enemy is sometimes my friend. Even a broken clock is right twice a day... which is why military time is best! 8^D

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ