[FRIAM] Graal VM

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Feb 22 10:45:51 EST 2020

Glen writes:

< By asking for more examples, it seems the original one (Ellison's Trump support) isn't meaningful for you? Another example might be learning that your organization accepted money from a convicted sex offender like Epstein. These are triggers for some people. They'd trigger me, too. >

A reason I can see for avoiding a term like EI is because others might not have a binding for it, or there are too many different bindings observed for it.   And, specifically, that it is "pompous" to use the term if it is expected there is no binding -- a way to bully the  conversation in some direction putting the other party at a disadvantage.   But it is hypocritical if one turns around and assumes there are shared values and that we should or do all have them.   This is arguing in bad faith because some values are assumed to be mandatory and other optional, rather than all things being optional.

Marcus