[FRIAM] Fwd: NO LANL IN SANTA FE! Wednesday, 12; 00 outside SF City Hall; bring friends

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Jan 14 00:39:43 EST 2020

In one e-mail you say that advocates for worthy non-profits have an obligation to redistribute money from those having ill-gotten gains, but in this case it “flawed human beings” “belong up on the hill”.    It seems there is an ethical line in your mind after all.    This is not to say that *I* think LANL has ill-gotten gains, but if *you* did, it seems to be exactly what you were suggesting:   As a LANL scientist (~ leader of a non-profit), one *should* seek a portion of the multi-billion dollar budget (~ Epstein riches) and do some science (~ good not bad thing) with it.

It is voters in the US that have given LANL the primary role that it has had.   If voters don’t like that role, they should change their government.   I think voters do like and want that role, because they being a dominant country in the world.   A menacing military helps make it so.   Recently, many voters have been pretty overt about their predatory inclinations, with Trump’s walls and all that.

LANL is a premier Department of Energy lab that without any huge structural changes could further advance climate prediction and mitigation, renewable energy, planetary defense, environmental cleanup, or pretty much anything.    There will be hundreds if not thousands of staff up there that would love to diversify their priorities if given the opportunity.

Marcus