[FRIAM] Hard problem vs. free swill

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 3 11:41:33 EDT 2020

Jon,

Not sure how Nick would respond, but it seems that your question assumes that evolution has some sort of "discrimination" that would allow it to choose between two or more different adaptational-complexes that have the same or closely comparable outcomes. We have consciousness and a sense of agency because it just happened that way, not because something decided it was necessary.

davew