[FRIAM] Book publishing advice needed

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 14:34:45 EDT 2020

Tom,

This information is so interesting.  Thanks for providing it.  Apparently the industry has really changed since my books were published.  Publisher’s contracts are awful and even then I had to markup the contracts they sent me extensively before I could sign them.  When I went to publish our textbook with my own father’s company, the provisions of the contract they sent me implied that if the pressman dropped a wrench on his foot during the run of my book, I was liable.  They cheerfully accepted all my contract changes, but I had to hire a lawyer to read the damned thing, and it was  thorough=going pain in the ass.   I wonder if publishers have not out=lived their usefulness.

Your note seems to imply that you have been quietly publishing tome after tome all the time I have known you.  Ask your publicist to send me a list.  (};-)].

Nick

Nicholas Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/