[FRIAM] invoking quantum woo (was Book publishing advice needed)

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Wed Jul 8 10:22:00 EDT 2020

Roger, I've become rather suspicious of the field of quantum computing for
much the same reasons. Surely *someone* can write an easily understood
basic explanation of how it is supposed to work in principle. Maybe I just
haven't dug deep enough, but everything seems to be either too hand-wavy,
too focused on how that's going to make Google or Microsoft or whoever even
more uber rich, or dismissive of the possibility that the general computing
community could understand it. I would be willing to suspend disbelief long
enough to take it as a given that a qbit could take on two states at the
same time, but then I'd like to see how this fact can be put to practical
use *at an algorithmic level* to solve some problem.