[FRIAM] invoking quantum woo (was Book publishing advice needed)

∄ uǝlƃ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:28:54 EDT 2020

I feel the same way. But my brief thrashing in this rabbit hole was interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-quantum_cryptography

In particular:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic-curve_cryptography#Quantum_computing_attacks

I only mention that because it seems to imply a real impact on everyday yahoos. I do think there are domain-specific applications, particularly optimization and search. But others will have more direct answers.

--
☣ uǝlƃ