[FRIAM] better simulating actual FriAM

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 19:27:30 EDT 2020

Neither! Ha! As Colleen Green mumbles: "Once you get to know me, you won't love me anymore." https://youtu.be/ankOO77de7o

You're both a little wrong and a little right. The gen-phen map is inspired by genotype-phenotype. But liberties are taken with what it can mean. In particular, I've worked with some clinicians who call any pattern they're looking for in their patients a "phenotype". It's a very loose use of the word, but it gets the job done for them. For *me*, I tend to mean *only* systems where the phenomen[on|a] exert[s] some kind of downward causation on the generators (mostly just setting constraints). Maybe I should start calling it the phen-gen map instead?

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ