[FRIAM] "certain codes of conduct"

Merle Lefkoff merlelefkoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:55:02 EDT 2020

Nick, I didn't "assume" anything.  It's this article that does much more
than "assume" --and virtually all old white people (who are all privileged
merely by being white) are absolutely tone deaf about the underbelly of
what's happening in America.  I am old and white but not tone deaf (because
of my profession), and I have always known--and acknowledged--that I am
racist because I grew up in the U.S. surrounded by institutions
continuously perpetuating the original racism of the creators, although an
occasional few "woke" white people tried their best to turn things around.

I can't believe you suggest that participants in "higher education" are a
microcosm of the wider world. Did you mean that?