[FRIAM] "certain codes of conduct"

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 22:03:00 EDT 2020

I'm trying to remember my freshman English class.  Every other Friday we
had to submit a five hundred word essay on the class readings. On alternate
Fridays we had to write an in-class paragraph or two on those readings.
The readings included the following:

Catcher in the Rye by Salinger
Victory by Conrad
The Republic by Plato
All the King's Men by Warren
Brave New World by Huxley

Numerous essays on personal integrity by various authors.

I don't see that any of those had to do with unconscious racism or implicit
bias unless the personal integrity essays did.  I think I had to read The
Invisible Man by Ellison but that may have been in a later year in a
political science or US history class at Berkeley.

All this was 54 years ago.

Frank

---
Frank C. Wimberly