[FRIAM] "certain codes of conduct"

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 12:37:30 EDT 2020

Glen,

A Bleeding Heart Liberal [hereafter, BHL], such as myself, believes that there is something to be valued in that which we collectively intend.  So, it's good when we get together, make a plan, and try to execute it.  We BLH's stipulate that there are perils in such collective action, that it creates opportunities for idiotic perseveration and entrepreneurial corruption within the systems it creates.  Still, the motto of BLH's is "We Go Down Trying".

Allow me to strawman an alternative to BHL, the Nasty Jaded Libertarian [hereafter, NJL], who can see in collective action ONLY the ills stipulated above, and regards all attempts at collective action as inherently dangerous and inevitably exploitative. NJL's see value only in the short-sighted strivings of the individual.  The NJL motto is, "Let What Happens, Happen."

Would you agree that these two threads exist in FRIAM?  In all of us, if not in each of us?   If so, how do we integrate (entwine?) those two threads, or should we even try.

Wow!  Entwine is a word!

Nick

Nicholas Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com