[FRIAM] alternative response

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sun Jun 14 18:10:27 EDT 2020

What about the roles/value of Design vs Systems thinking in working
toward collective solutions to large, complex and often abstract
problems.   They are considered to be somewhat independent of one
another and not mutually exclusive.  They are roughly associated,
respectively with Synthesis vs Analysis but not exclusively and both
have some chops in *avoiding common pitfalls" like failing to consider
unintended consequences

This was an interesting popular article on the topic:

    https://medium.com/from-design-thinking-to-system-change/marrying-design-and-systems-thinking-e856c1a3ba1f