[FRIAM] Papers on asymptomatic transmission and serology

Barry MacKichan barry.mackichan at mackichan.com
Mon Mar 23 10:36:16 EDT 2020

The case count in New Zealand is at least 100. The early cases were from
travelers who had been in Italy and Iran. Then the word went out that
citizens needed to come back to NZ, and some cases were among this
counter-diaspora. Then a group from a cruise ship went on a tour through
Te Papa, a national museum in Wellington and infected a number of others
on the tour. As of this weekend, they were at threat level 2 (I don’t
know precisely what that meant) and with clear community transmission,
they upped it to level 3 which means ‘You have two days to get ready
for total lockdown’. After two days, they will go to level 4 — total
lockdown. The schools are closed, university students have been sent
home and classes are canceled for four weeks. When they resume they will
be online.

—Barry