[FRIAM] unstated motivation for prediction across "phase transitions"

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:06:52 EDT 2020

That's a rare bit of optimism for you. >8^D If there is a good outcome, I doubt it'll be that one, merely because that's only 1 among many. My guess (if there is a positive one) is the generally positive outcome will be that the less privileged of the world will significantly damage the pet cages of the privileged such that poorer people will spill enough blood of the rich people so that the poorer people will be in charge for awhile.

This raises the specter of cycles hyped by stuff like this: http://peterturchin.com/cliodynamica/elite-overproduction-brings-disorder/

The idea being that the population will grow new gamer/exploiter/elites to take the place of the old elites. But despite the suggestion that history repeats, it doesn't. The new environment in which the new elites emerge will be markedly different from the old environment where the old elites emerged. The pet cages will be different, implying that the pets who settle into them will be different.

--
☣ uǝlƃ