[FRIAM] ill-conceived question

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Sat May 2 16:59:17 EDT 2020

Nick,

The dragon asks:

in whose interest was the lock down? 32 Billionaires — that I know of from press reports — have increased their net wealth by as much as 10-20%. Large corporations will have their profits protected, so much so that one of the "rules" of the bailout money is that when corporate profits for the year are higher than last year, no bonuses may be paid from the bailout money. But money is fungible, so expect the bonuses to be paid - from other sources of funding of course.

And who gets the "health benefit" from the lock down? The well-to-do — including, probably, a large majority of FRIAM members — not the blue collar meat packers or the pink collar grocery clerks.

asketh Puff