[FRIAM] Ranked Choice Voting app

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Mon May 4 15:38:51 EDT 2020

Me and a friend were talking about a topic like this the other day. Their
are a lot of issues with washington. One is it's gotten really stuck on
point fingers.
We came up with a rough geeky parallel  to StarWars. lol people can
probably guess where things are heading:
Washing has decided to invest some book of bad writing. Along the way
basically a at first small rebellious hungry to hang on to ideals of what
it thinks to be like good BFF, that you listen to all the time saying:
that's a really bad idea! They basically become a mixture of the republic
and some jedi.  A much more extremist group comes then says: but we can't
get anything done! So we'll just up and do it.  They basically falling to
the dark side
The Repblic and Jedi are a mix of people saying  to hell with party
polotics: they're a mixture of gop, jedi, and average citizens just wanting
balanc.
The extremmesist of everyone (Gop citicens, Dems, etc) are Going to the
dark side, some have the potential to be Sith.

It's my opinion this is the problem now. Two groups of extremists. Neither
able or willing to here other side.  Ranked voting might help that.  I'm
not sure now is a good idea to entirely get rid of both parties with a need
for stability. But someway where it's a little less of this either GOP OR
Dems.  A 3rd or 4th viable working party could help with that.

It's my understanding Engand has several parties, and they work out to some
degree, Adding more parties that'd work. We have a lot small "parties" that
are their to basically troll. In my opinion.
Where as a few more legit parties potentially would help. The other side is
actually following the rules everyone agreed to. The Sith have pretty much
decided they'll just do what they want. regardless of what the rules
actually say. While that's certainly one way to get things unstuck, but
it's left a total mess in the process!