[FRIAM] Warring Darwinians for Glen, Steve

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 23:08:22 EDT 2020

Maybe I missed something that makes this redundant but if a highschool
student asked me what the *hard problem* is I would say:  There appears to
be no limit to how competent computers can be.  They seem to be able to do
just about anything that people think requires thought.  But I am persuaded
that they can't think.  What makes the difference between thinking people
and hypercompetent computers?

Nick would say if it behaves as if it thinks then it thinks.  I think.

Frank

--
Frank Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz