[FRIAM] Warring Darwinians for Glen, Steve

Eric Charles eric.phillip.charles at gmail.com
Tue May 5 17:55:05 EDT 2020

Glen said: "Were I to try to formulate the school I'm in, it would be that
we are a dynamic system and the locus that we call "mind" moves around,
sometimes more or less in one place/time, sometimes spread very thin. And
that dynamism would be critical."

So, there are a few varieties of that right now, that are trying to get
along well together. Emobidied Cognition, Enactivism, Ecological Psychlogy,
Extended Cognition, etc. As a starting point for that work, especially for
the more mathematically inclined, I recommend "Radical Embodied Cognitive
Science" by Tony Chemero
<http://psychsciencenotes.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-reading-group-chemero-2009-radical.html>,
for the more philosophically inclined, I recommend "Radicalizing
Enactivism" by Dan Hutto
<https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/radicalizing-enactivism>, and for the more
general thinker interested in an overview of cool ideas I recommend "Beyond
the Brain" by Louise Barrett
<http://fixingpsychology.blogspot.com/2012/01/beyond-brain-review-out.html>
.

Eric P. Charles, Ph.D.
Department of Justice - Personnel Psychologist
American University - Adjunct Instructor
<echarles at american.edu>