[FRIAM] Warring Darwinians for Glen, Steve

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue May 5 19:40:35 EDT 2020

So, in state space reconstruction, it seems, we're attempting to infer a structure that is *as* expressive as the data we feed it, similar I guess to deep learning or genetic programming. All the sci-fi movies focus on the brain (or maybe even the CNS). But what I'd like to see is something like FPGA where the dynamically programmable "sleeve" (as in Altered Carbon) is hooked to one end of a harness and the "original" is hooked to the other end ... like a motion capture suit but with way more pathways. Then the "sleeve" is re-configured/programmed over some relatively short period. Like the original has to wear the suit for a 24 hour period ... paying bills, making coffee, having sex, etc. Then, at the end of the process, the sleeve is configured to be as expressive as the original ... at  least in so far as the data taken during that period.

We couldn't use such things for long-term duplication. But it would be great for, say, giving speeches. We could take a Donald Trump sleeve, *program* it with Barack Obama, and abracadabra we have a real president who can get through a 30 minute speech without screwing it up.

--
☣ uǝlƃ