[FRIAM] Movement vs. Behavior, and what's in the Black Box

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Tue May 5 23:20:57 EDT 2020

Eric,

I love that you brought *Weekend at Bernie's* into the discussion,
wow, the 80's. I am not sure we *must* all agree that Bernie or
the dead duck or the marionette are *just* moving because we may
want to allow for transitions between domains of definition.
Of course, we *can* all agree if you wish to fix some domain.
Still, the live duck may be in a coma and opening the marionette
may be necessary to rule out a mechanism. Even as Bernie is
manipulated or as Tina fails to recognize Bernie as dead, his
body continues to behave. Perhaps even *just* his gut fauna.
Is it that we define behavior so that we can distinguish it from
*just* moving? I could be ok with that as a starting point.

Jonathan Zingale