[FRIAM] Movement vs. Behavior, and what's in the Black Box

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 23:31:17 EDT 2020

Hi Jon,

I predict that Eric is going to insist that behavior is necessarily at an instant.  But carrying this principle out to its logical conclusion, I am not sure that being dead is not a behavior, or the limit of a behavior.  Think for a moment about the baby rabbit that plays dead to escape the attentions of your cat.  Playing dead is a behavior that spans time and includes becoming dead-like and seeming to come to life again.  Let’s see what Eric actually says.

Nicholas Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com>

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/