[FRIAM] What Is the Real Coronavirus Toll in Each State? - The New York Times

Roger Critchlow rec at elf.org
Wed May 6 14:34:58 EDT 2020

I read something in the past week that argued the red counties in the
battleground states were showing a very bad trendline, that the rates of
infection looked ready to surge, but I haven't been able to find
the original source again.  It was a University researcher who was tracking
county statistics.

I didn't see where Nick thought the last few paragraphs undercut the lead
of the article, that some states have temporarily lost the ability to track
their own vital statistics doesn't suggest that they're doing fine.

-- rec --