[FRIAM] What Is the Real Coronavirus Toll in Each State? - The New York Times

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed May 6 18:13:27 EDT 2020

I don't think so. Doubling time (under non-ideal lockdown conditions) conflates density with the other measures. If a sparsely populated area has the same doubling time as a densely populated area, the doubling time graph might gloss over how *badly* the sparsely populated area is doing in controlling the spread. So, in order to really grok the doubling time graphs, you have to have a feel for the relative densities. Feel free to correct my faulty thinking.

I think the deltas (as in the graphs I've posted) are a good compromise. They're still in the same units (# of people) and show larger deltas for larger populations. However, I *would* like to divide out area (e.g. square meters) of whatever region's being plotted. I think Δcases/m^2 would be interesting.

--
☣ uǝlƃ