[FRIAM] Neutral Theory: The Null Hypothesis of Molecular Evolution | Learn Science at Scitable

Eric Charles eric.phillip.charles at gmail.com
Fri May 8 16:48:25 EDT 2020

When you have a decently-fitted organism in a long-term stable environment
(evolutionary time scale), natural section should be mostly selecting for
least effort,  right? Within biological constraints of various kinds.

The various break adaptations of "Darwin's finches" are least-effort
solutions to various food options, right? And *also* a prime example of
Natural Selection? With the various constraints you get from starting with
mainland finches as your breeding stock.