[FRIAM] from 5/15 virtual FRIAM

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun May 17 13:20:55 EDT 2020

Nick writes:

< It seems to me that most of our actions are based on faith.  A genuine skeptic would just be a quivering mass of jello. >

It seems absurd to say `faith-based investing’.  Why would one put their well-being in the hands of an organization that didn’t have a plan to manage risk?   By having more kinds of resources, and the ability to weather longer storms, one can come out of a crisis with a stronger portfolio.   That argues for more pooling of resources (and larger organizations), not less.

Marcus