[FRIAM] rE DREAMING STUDY

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed May 20 12:39:48 EDT 2020

I believe there is evidence that dreams happen out of real-time (much
faster?) and even out-of-order.   As an avid dreamer in multiple modes,
I don't have any evidence to contradict that, and in fact have plenty of
experiences where the real/physical world has impinged on my dream-world
wherein my dream included an elaborate "explanation" for the real-world
event which required minutes (or more) of subjective-dream-time to build
up a pretext for....

This frames this type of dream experience (for me) as a sort of post-hoc
storytelling-as-experience.