[FRIAM] rE DREAMING STUDY

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed May 20 12:46:50 EDT 2020

On 5/20/20 9:39 AM, Steve Smith wrote:
> This frames this type of dream experience (for me) as a sort of post-hoc
> storytelling-as-experience.

Same here. It reminds me that someone, here, recently mentioned famous people coming up with solutions to problems while distracted with other tasks (was it Erdös?) and of the falsificationist concept (Popper?) focusing on science being *open*. It doesn't really matter AT ALL where an idea comes from. What matters is that it's formulated and tested. So that's yet another reason a dream study would only be well-designed as a study of story-telling.

There are implications in that for things like intelligence, creativity, innovation, and education. If we assume everyone has brain farts like Einstein's or Penrose's or whoever, then what matters is these people's ability to *harness* (or harvest?) those brain farts and tell a story about them.

--
☣ uǝlƃ