[FRIAM] anonymity/deniability/ambiguity

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu May 21 12:19:43 EDT 2020

Ha! Nice one. We have only the "apparently" qualifier to guide our decoder choice.

I forget the phrase Jon used, but I thought "humility signalling" when he mentioned it and I described being accused of false humility (in a friendly way). By peppering one's assertions with "I think" and "in my opinion" and/or regularly denigrating oneself (all of which I do a lot), yet continuing to *act* arrogant and defending one's assertions to the grave, have we descended to playing some game of false humility? ... are we expected to pepper everything we say this way and purposefully hide our arrogance and self-centeredness?

I honestly have no idea. I could easily be a raging narcissist who's *learned* to manipulate people by peppering my language with self-denigration and IMO qualifiers. Or (as it feels internally), I am actually scared to death that I'm a moron surrounded by super-intelligent beings and I'm just desparate to stay in the game. I seriously have no idea which is the case ... probably a little bit of both. 8^D

--
☣ uǝlƃ